How To Make The Perfect Cheese and Meat Board! Cheese and meat boards are a super stylish way to take your entertaining to the next level. The main purpose of a good cheese board is to give your guests as wide a range of experience as possible. Bring a variety of textures to the party.
1.To create a perfect cheese board use cheeses of contrasting texture — mix it up with soft & firm, creamy & crumbly, and even the type of cheese including cow, sheep, goat.
2. Make sure to serve something salty to combat all the richness of the cheese, for example prosciutto or some olives.
3. Allow all the different kinds of cheese to sit out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before your guests arrive, that allows a bouquet of cheese aroma to be opened in all its glory.
4. There is a good tradition to combine the cheese assortment with other ingredients: pieces of fruit, sauces and nuts. For example:
– blue cheeses are combined with cherries, pineapple, kiwi, grapes, nuts;
– for hard varieties of cheese – dried apricots, raisins, avocados;
-brie and camembert requires berries with sourness: strawberries or blueberries.
Also you may offer people a selection of different crackers and crisps.
5. Display the cheeses in different forms, some can be cut into slices, segments, cubes, whole etc. Let your guests cut the soft cheese depending on how much they want.